It's that time of the year - OSHA has released their top 10 violations of the past year.
Reviewing this list is a simple and highly effective way to make sure your company doesn’t make some of the most common workplace safety mistakes. Although there are plenty of OSHA violations, these 10 most commonly cited issues are recurring problems for businesses large and small in a wide variety of industries.
The Top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety standards for 2022 are:
1. Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501): 5,260 violations
2. Hazard Communication (1910.1200): 2,424 violations
3. Respiratory Protection (1910.134): 2,185 violations
4. Ladders (1926.1053): 2,143 violations
5. Scaffolding (1926.451): 2,058 violations
6. Lockout/Tagout (1910.147): 1,977 violations
7. Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178): 1,749 violations
8. Fall Protection – Training Requirements (1926.503): 1,556 violations
9. Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment – Eye and Face Protection (1926.102): 1,401 violations
10. Machine Guarding (1910.212): 1,370 violations
It can be easy to overlook safety measures and training in the rush to get jobs done quickly. Don't be a statistic! Complying with OSHA standards helps you keep workers safe and avoid costly fines.