Element #1 Management Leadership and Employee Involvement
- Employer and employee involvement and communication on workplace-safety and health issues are essential
- Post the entity’s written safety and health policy for all to see
- Involve employees in policy making on safety and health issues
- Take an active part in safety activities
Banner Stakes is the industry standard for quality and dependability. A must-have for any work place where safety, savings, and the environment are a concern
Element #2 Workplace Analysis
- Analyze all workplace conditions to identify and eliminate existing or potential hazards
- Perform analysis on a regular and timely basis
- Make certain all employees know and understand current hazard analysis for all jobs and processes
- Focus workplace design on all physical aspects of the work environment, including the following:
- Size and arrangement of work space
- Physical demands of the tasks to be performed
- Design of tools and other devises people use
The fundamental goal of workplace design is to improve people’s ability to be productive, without error or accident, for extended time periods. Proper workplace design improves both safety and productivity.
Banner Stakes is the leader in portable safety barricades for any industry including Automotive, Aviation, Industrial, Manufacturing, Hospitality & Gaming, Janitorial & Sanitation, MRO, Construction, Healthcare, Crowd Control, Safety, Equipment Maintenance, Warehousing, and Traffic Control.
Element #3 Hazard Prevention and Control
- Regularly and thoroughly maintain equipment and vehicles
- Ensure that employees know how to use and maintain personal protective equipment
- Train employees in proper procedures for handling specific situations.
Element #4 Safety and Health Training and Education
It is important that everyone in the workplace be properly trained:
- Managers and supervisorsOutside contractors
- Part-time and temporary employees and volunteers
- Allow only properly authorized and instructed employees to do any job.
- Make sure no employees do any job that appears unsafe.
- Hold emergency-preparedness drills for employees.
- Pay particular attention to employees learning new operations to make sure they have the proper job skills and awareness of hazards.
- Train supervisors and managers to recognize hazards and understand their responsibilities.
Banner Stakes is an effective, reusable and portable barricade system that provides unique safety benefits. The Banner Stakes system sections off areas to reduce liability and convey warnings which eliminate confusion, increase productivity, and enhance safety.
Want to know how to purchase our products? SHOP NOW!
original article source: “Workplace Health And Safety Issues” nonprofitrisk.org, Workplace Safety Toolkit, Web. April. 10th, 2018.