Banner Stakes believes in accident and injury prevention through the use of our products. But promoting a culture of safe behaviors helps as well! How many of the following checklist points does your workplace follow?
Answer “Yes” or “No.”
- Employees are trained in safe procedures for all tasks associated with their job description.
- Employees understand how to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Safety procedures are part of all new employee orientation.
- Unsafe behaviors are identified immediately by supervisors and corrective actions are specified and enforced.
- Do Employees know what Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is necessary for their tasks, and that they are required to wear the relevant PPE.
- Employees know how to maintain and store tools and other equipment.
- Are your employees are trained in how to safely lift and transport heavy or bulky items.
- Employees know how to handle money and other valuables in a way that does not invite theft or crime.
- Employees are discouraged from remaining alone in the office or workplace late into the evening.
- Safety is in your in your goals and objectives.
- The language used in the overarching goals, objectives and performance expectations reflect safety.
- Safety issues and expectations are clearly articulated in various defining documents.
Characteristics of a Safety Culture
Answer “Yes” or “No.”
- Safety and safety terms are part of the language of your entity. Workplace safety practices are part of everyone’s job description.
- Safe and unsafe behaviors are specified and enforced.
- Employees are rewarded in a tangible, visible way for promoting safety.
- Safety concerns are evident in the interaction among staff and in their interaction with members of the public.
- New employees are briefed on safety procedures and on the consequences for ignoring safety practices or engaging in unsafe behavior.
- The consequences for ignoring safety practices are enforced.
- Employees observe and correct hazards.
- Employees always “dress for success” by using the appropriate protective gear and equipment.
- There is an active safety committee and meetings are well attended.
Want to know how to purchase our products? SHOP NOW!
original article source: “Safe Behaviors And Characteristics Of A Safety Culture Checklists” nonprofitrisk.org, Workplace Safety Toolkit, Web. March. 30th, 2018.