Banner Stakes Products can be invaluable in helping to designate areas where equipment is moving about. In this way workers and equipment can keep a healthy separation!
Be Alert Of Moving Equipment
When construction equipment is rumbling around a project, you’ve got to watch your step. Banner Stakes portable barricade systems can help alert you to possible dangers. If both construction workers and equipment operators keep their eyes open, no one’s going to get hurt. Following are ways to help you maintain a healthy respect for cranes, dozers, excavators and trucks:
- Never take for granted that equipment operators see you.
- Never depend upon hearing a horn or other warning signals; it might sometimes be lost in the general noise around a project.
- Equipment shouldn’t be backed without someone to check the blind spots and give signals; nevertheless, keep in the clear whenever equipment is traveling backwards, as that’s when most equipment accidents happen.
- Swinging counterweights often create a dangerous pinch-point. Don’t ever get into a spot where you could get squeezed in between.
- Never hitch a ride on the running board it’s fatally easy to fall under moving equipment.
- No riding on top of loaded trucks; the load might shift, and you might not have enough over-head clearance in a tight spot.
- If you’re riding in a transport vehicle to a job, or between jobs, keep your arms, legs, and all parts of your body inside the unit.
- Never walk alongside moving equipment. Keep in the clear in case the unit suddenly turns your way, or slides, or the load shifts.
- Stay out from under loads on cranes or hoists. Use established walkways and beware of shortcuts.
- If the boom of a unit ever hits a power line, keep away from the frame of the unit and the load cables.
- Never lubricate, clean or work on a machine that’s in operation. Stop the machine. If you have to remove a guard, replace it as soon as the work’s done.
Construction equipment is husky, heavy, and extremely unhealthy to tangle with. Always assume that the operator doesn’t see you; doesn’t even know you’re around. Always figure that it’s up to you to keep in the clear. Utilizing Banner Stakes’ safety barriers will help tremendously in keeping a safe space around moving equipment and also adding another layer of awareness for your workers!
Visit our blog page often to read the latest information from our product lines.
source: “Be Alert Of Moving Equipment.” toolboxtopics.com, Tool Box Topics, Web. Feb. 2nd, 2018.